Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog 10: Reflection

Eng101 has been far my most interesting class that I have taken at LaGuardia. It has shown me that there is a lot more to a story than what meets the eye. For instance, my favorite part to this semester was watching the matrix and writing an essay about it. I found it very interesting to analyze to the movie in a mythological sense. It allowed me to look deeper in the movie and I found a lot more symbols that I would never find on my own if I were to watch it alone. The other thematic concepts were all very interesting to me because it allowed me to think critically and reflect on my life. Many of these stories had concepts that happen in everyday life. As for the writing concepts have helped me improve my writing. Although, I learned most of the concepts before this class, using them in contexts of movies and stories have helped me understand them even better. I have yet to go to the LaGuardia achieves to get information so that would be something I would like to get more information on.
Ever since I started to use blogger for writ g I found it easier to write more to the public. I consider myself to be a realistic writer unless I’m writing about fiction and I’m also not afraid to speak my mind when deal with certain topic. I am also now not afraid to write something and post it on the Internet. Blogger has help me with my work because if I’m struggling with one of my entries, it allows me to look at my classmates work to get a feel of where they are coming from. Looking back on my past blog entries, I find that I have can put a lot of information in a blog entry but I repeat myself way too much. Having a lot of information can make an entry very long and I consider it my best strength. However, even though I put a lot of information in there, I have trouble with making longer paragraphs without repeating myself over and over. As for my strongest blog entry, I would say it would have to be the “Symbolism in the Matrix” essay. I found this extremely easy for me to do because of how much knowledge I had of the matrix before I even watched the movie in class. Once I started to write about all the symbols, themes, and metaphors, a whole different bunch of ideas started to flow in my head. Prior knowledge of the Matrix helped me form and shape that essay into gold, in my opinion. On the contrary, my weakest piece of writing was something that I believed in. You would think that since I had prior knowledge of the matrix and wrote something well, that something that I believed would be good too. That was not the case, our third blog was “My Childish Beliefs” and I really did not do well on it. In my opinion, I really half-assed it and I did not put any information into as well. By the end of the semester I am going to go back and re-do that blog entry and have it as one of my bests. Aside from pointing out my strengths and weaknesses, blogger has allowed me to interact with my writing, as well as other people’s writing. I look forward to continuing to use blogger long after the semester is over, to keep interacting with others and gaining many more strengths.

No comments:

Post a Comment