Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog 11: The Concept of the Other

The topic of straight and gay is always a big debate of right and wrong. I do not believe that being gay is wrong. It just happens to be “my other”. Many people take offense to people that are openly gay and they think that is disgusting and wrong. People who believe that are just sick and rude people. It is my “other” because I am not attracted to the same sex and I am attracted to the opposite sex. I believe that they should be treated just has fairly as any other human being but that will never be the case. For some reason the world believe that if a gay couple gets married, the world explodes, or world war III starts. There will always be people who will bash gay, and they are the same people that will bash any other race. I have a strong voice on this because my uncle was openly gay and I didn’t love him any less compared to my other uncles. This is America for Christ’s sake; just let people live their lives no matter what their race, sexual orientation, height, weight, religion, etc. People used to love us for the freedom we provided. Things are starting to change and if we don’t go back to our roots soon, we are just going to become more hated then we already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment